Today was "Scoppio del Carro" (Explosion of the Cart) in Florence today. I quote, "The Florentines’ tradition has long been to go to the Church of the Resurrection and light a small torch of holy fire with the sparks that emit from the rubbing together of the stone flints. In time the ritual came to include transport of the holy fire (burning coals) by cart. It was in the 14th Century that fireworks were thrown in the mix, resulting in the Explosion of the Cart". In any case, I didn't go to this event because I would have had to go over 2 hours early just to be able to see the cart, and it was really cold outside. So I stayed in all day because tomorrow is a big day... I'm waking up super early to go horseback riding in the country side! I am SO excited...
Ciao for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment