Monday, April 20, 2015

April 19

Today I was supposed to take a half day to Ostia, Rome's former city, but the trip got cancelled because not enough people signed up. It would have been really expensive to take a taxi and going on the metro wasn't appealing after my metro experience in Naples. So, I ended up just spending time at the hotel. Originally, I was supposed to be on a 4pm train but since I've been everywhere around the hotel (Colosseum, churches, etc.) many times, I went to the train station early to change my train. Luckily I only waited about half an hour (this is considered very short) for my number to be called at the office (in Italy you have to take numbers everywhere you are.. Pharmacy, police station, train ticket office, etc). I ended up taking a train at noon, and although it was really crowded it went well. On my way home from the train station, I had to take a slight detour because some Italian guy was following me and trying to talk to me. Yay Italy... In any case, he finally walked away and I went home. Now I'm just counting down the days until I fly home!

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment