My rhino is still undergoing surgery, and my decorative box is all set up but needs to be decorated. I'm really excited to do that though, because I had a great idea. Since I am doing a hexagonal box and I have been to every continent, I decided that the lid would represent where I'm from and each of the sides would have an animal from every continent. I started sketching my idea out and these are 3 of the animals I've chosen so far.
The dolphin represents Australia/New Zealand from when we had a whole pod of dolphins following our boat, the sea lion represents South America (Galapagos Islands) from when a baby sea lion came right up to me, and the whale represents Antarctica from when a minke whale was within arm's reach from our zodiac. The other animals I have chosen are a monkey for Africa (Tanzania) from when a monkey jumped into the roof of our safari car, an elephant for Thailand from when we went to a mahout camp to ride and paint with elephants, and a horse for Europe (Italy) for when I will go horseback riding here!
I have to wake up super early to go on a field trip to the Palazzo Pitti tomorrow and then I have to go to the studio to work on this (plus do more sketching) so...
Ciao for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment