Saturday, January 17, 2015

January 17

It was another rainy day here in Florence today. After a quick supply run (mainly notebooks for my classes at the 99 cent store across the street) I decided to get a head start on my midterm paper. Yes, midterm paper. As in due in over a month. Let's just say I'm on top of my school work. I decided to write about Titian's Venus of Urbino and how the female figure depicted in his painting could either be a Venetian courtesan or a bride. I remember talking in depth about this painting in my Art of the Renaissance class at AU, so it will be interesting to see where the research takes me. A major plus of writing about this painting is that it is on view here in Florence at the Uffizi! So, I can see it as many times as I want, especially since my Florence museum pass includes entrance to the Uffizi. 




After doing some research and even a little bit of writing, I decided to get back in bed and read "A Florentine Death" by Michele Giuttari. I've always loved mysteries and before I left for Florence I bought at least 10 mystery novels set in Florence. Even though I've only been here a little over a week, I am already familiar with some of the places the characters in the book visit! Well, it's back to reading for me... It's cold and rainy!

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment