No pictures today. Did I want to take some? Of course! Why didn't I? Basically I'm in a class called conservation of archaeological artifacts which runs from 9am to 4pm with an hour break for lunch. Today was the first day of class and we had to sign a form stating we will not post any pictures of the objects we work on-- no Facebook, no Instagram, no blogs, you name it. Technically speaking, everything excavated in Italy belongs to the state and because these objects aren't public yet, we cannot share information of any kind. It's super secretive and makes me feel like I'm in some sort of mystery movie. Anyways today was just a practice where our teacher broke ceramic plates and made us reassemble them, essentially a giant puzzle. It's a six person class and I already feel friendly with the people in my class.
On break, I went to the market where all the workers there only spoke to me in Italian. I was able to understand them! I suppose I don't look like a tourist anymore either. After my lunch break, it was back to class to finish gluing the pieces together-- a very tedious process. We got to leave a little early at least, which was nice for me because I have to be at school at 8am to register with the police (whyyyyy do we have to go so early on a Friday).
Ciao for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment